Email: making and handling complaints
Sometimes you may have to complain about something in an email. The following phrases will help you:
- I’m writing to complain about the poor service we received from your company.
- I’m writing to complain about the quality of the product we purchased from you.
- Our order dated 24 July clearly stated…., however
- The goods were faulty / damaged / in poor condition upon delivery
- There seems to be an error in the invoice.
And this is how you may reply to complaints:
- Thank you for your letter of 28 July. I must apologise for the inconvenience caused.
- Please accept our sincere apologises.
- I am writing in relation to your complaint.
- Please leave it with me.
- Can you leave it with me? I’ll look into the matter and get back to you tomorrow.
- I have looked into the matter and…
- We will send a replacement immediately.
- We will give you a refund immediately.
- We have a temporary problem with…
- We are doing everything we can to sort it out.
- I’m afraid that I am not able to help you any further with this matter.