Lesson 7 (Sept 22) – Preposition Pairs – SpaceX Space Tourism Launch
Try to explain the difference between the two sentences. You could translate them both into German and compare. Are there similar prepositional differences in your language?
What’s the difference between these two sentences?
1. A. Jenny walked to London.
B. Jenny walked towards London.
2. A. He drove his car into the building.
B. He drove his car through the building.
3. A. The young couple walked along the river.
B. The young couple walked across the river.
4. A. The politician walked across the room to say hello to all the people.
B. The politician walked around the room to say hello to all the people.
Which sentence (A or B) goes best with the follow-up sentence, below:
1. She was very tired when she arrived! (matches with A)
2. He came out the other side and fortunately wasn’t hurt. (matches with B)
3. There was no bridge. (matches with A)
4. The people were in several different parts of the room. (matches with B)