The first secret of a successful application is knowing what skills and qualities you can offer a potential employer, matching those to the job description and then being able to show a recruiter what you bring to the table.
This exercise can help you do that.
Below you can see a list of positive adjectives. To start with, select three that describe you:
Now say why you think these adjectives describe you and give a positive example to illustrate why this is the case.
- I see myself as being organized.
- This is because I can organize my time and also organize other people.
- At university, I always meet deadlines, and in my job at a summer camp I successfully organized activities for young kids.
Here’s another example:
- I see myself as being energetic.
- This is because I can power through the day and get lots of things done.
- In my internship I used my energy to successfully support the sales team at a trade fair.