What does “to construct something” mean?
- to build or put something together
- to draw, plan or design something
If you chose 1., to build or put something together, you are correct. Konstruktion and construction don’t mean exactly the same thing. Construction has nothing to do with the designing of buildings or drawing up of building plans.
Konstruktion would be to design in English. Similarly, someone who works in this field would be a designer, and not a constructor.
Someone who works in construction would be a builder or construction worker.
The construction industry is the building industry.
Here are some example sentences:
- I’ve been a designer for 10 years now. I really enjoy drawing up building plans for new projects.
- We’re currently designing a new student residence hall at the university. (putting together the plans)
- We’re currently building a new student residence hall at the university. / A new student residence hall is currently under construction at the university.