Session 1 (June 30) – Telephoning / Asking for clarification
1. Introduce your partner:
Please include the following information in your introduction:
- How long they have been in the company and in what position(s).
- What they use English for and how often.
- What their personal English goals are for this course.
- Three things you have in common that you didn’t know already (Gemeinsamkeiten).
2. Do you have any questions for me, your trainer?
- What are your course expectations?
- How much time do you have for self study or homework?
- Do you like the idea of sending audio samples for your homework assignments?
4. Telephone Phrases:
- Checking understandingChecking-understanding
- Key Telephone Phrases (Begin on Page 4) Key Telephone Phrases
5. Role Play:
– In the group, brainstorm some common problems you have to discuss with either customers or suppliers.
– Practice calling and communicating a problem to your partner. Switch roles.
5. Homework: I will post a problem in your assignments. Please answer the example with a “voice mail” message (audio recording).
**Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions regarding your English training, or have any special requests for material to cover, please feel free to email me at any time!