Session 8 – Feed Back Practice (March 9)
Feedback Role-play: In pairs come up with phrases for the following situations where feedback is necessary:
1. One of your coworkers constantly makes decisions which effect multiple departments without notifying anyone I.e. production plan changes, deliveries going out without all the parts ordered…
2. You have a weekly team meeting at 8:00 and one of your team members is constantly late. Instead of interrupting the meeting, he doesn’t come in at all.
3. Your colleague constantly ‘gives you tips’ on how you could be doing your work more efficiently in their opinion. It’s not their position to be giving you this feedback.
4. One of your team members doesn’t say good morning and it creates a tense vibe within the group.
5. One of you team members has put in their notice and only does the minimum now.
6. When I share an idea/improvement with a colleague in confidentiality and then they go to the boss and pass the idea off as their own.
7. You see how a colleague could be doing their work more quickly, and would like to give them advice.
8. The colleague sitting next to you stinks. – is it a medical problem or a hygiene problem?
9. Some colleagues do not use the standard work processes for their work, which leads to many unnecessary discussions = waste of time. (Or don’t use tables as they are designed to be used).